Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why hasn't my body adapted yet?

*Full question: why hasn%26#039;t my body adapted yet to running (racing)?





*Details:


This is my 2nd month of training (courtesy of the army, not me).





People always say that after a few sessions the body adapts - but that has never happened to me!





The %26#039;burning%26#039; pain never goes away! My legs are fatigued from the word %26#039;go%26#039;. I cannot manage anything more than a slow jog!





I%26#039;ve tried the Bose technique; I%26#039;ve changed running shoes too. After 2 months, I still can%26#039;t race!





*Should I push myself harder - until I drop?


*Or should I take it easy and let me body recover?





(P.s. I am above average in other exercises, such as sit-ups; chin-ups; jumps; sprints and endurance jogs).

Why hasn%26#039;t my body adapted yet?
Well honey; your body is trying to tell you SOMETHING!





Not all people are cut out to be runners. You may be more of a long distance jogger. I don%26#039;t understand what you mean by you still can%26#039;t race and the ARMY is making you do this. You may want to continue to try different shoes. Changing to just one brand may not be it for you. Can you be %26quot;hooked up%26quot; to that machine that records what your body looks like when running? It measures the glycogen that is emitted from the muscles and the pressure exerted on the bones and joints among other things. That may show them what the problem is.





As I said, not all bodies are meant to run distance. This I know well. I used to be a professional dancer (ballet; tap; ballroom) I went through a lot of physical activities regularly and have never been able to run! My sister can run marathons; and does! Go Figure! Nana



insurance registration

No comments:

Post a Comment