Monday, April 20, 2009

What would you pay for him... part 1?

I don%26#039;t have this horse anymore (I%26#039;m stupid I know) I traded him for two fillies a 7/8 arab and a purebred.


Just wondering from the ones experienced in horse buying and selling (arabians), what you would pay for a horse like this. Here are the details as of when I traded him.





He was about 17 or 18 years old. Purebred arabian, Polish lines, flea-bitten grey, perfect body conformation, not the typiest head, it was flat but he had big eyes and jaws, and the most amazing expression. He would give you goose bumps watching him run. He had a very short tail and mane, always did don%26#039;t know why. He had a hip injury long before I had him that often popped but never hurt him, even under the pressures of barrel racing and jumping. He had enormous bones, 14.2hh set with feet fit for a Clydesdale and they were hard, a farrier%26#039;s nightmare but he never needed shoes. He had a trick with his left hind foot you had to pick up the right foot then sneak around behind him and pick the left one up...cont

What would you pay for him... part 1?
I know that he is a purebred, but the head, the age, the short tail, the hip injury, and the huge feet are going to hurt him in a show arena, so I dont think your luck would be good selling him to a show person.





He sounds like he would be good for a pleasure rider, or someone who is older. That hip injury also worries me, especially the fat that you have jumped and barrel raced him, and that may turn some people away.





All in all, I would say $1,500.00 I could do much better if a saw a pic of him and probably come within 95% of getting his price correct.
Reply:Well you need to ask yourself why did I trade him.I think your asking %26quot;How much would you pay to get him Back%26quot; well it depends on how much your willing to pay for him.I don%26#039;t really know how much horses normally are.Well here what im trying to say, How much are you willing to pay to get him back?



CAT

No comments:

Post a Comment