Saturday, July 25, 2009

Where's the best place to buy Triathlon gear?

Hey guys. I'll be doing my first triathlon near the end of June at the Hy-Vee Triathlon. I was wondering if you would be able to help me out.





I'm looking to buy apparel for my first event. I don't know exactly what to get. I'm thinking compression shorts for swimming, a bike jersey to throw on at the transition, some cycling shoes and a helmet (obviously need that), a road bike, and perhaps some better running shoes (not that mine are bad, but they may be completely worn out by the race since I got them in November).





Aside from asking if the stuff above is right, where would be the best place to buy some great, quality triathlon gear at an inexpensive price? I'm a college student without a job, so a need to stay within a budget would be great. I'm already spending $140 on the race itself, so I hope to keep some of the costs down without cheaping out on the most important things. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Where's the best place to buy Triathlon gear?
triathlonlab.com has a basic kit that includes a bike it is under $1000. Other online stores have sales and close outs where you can save some $$





You may want to try to borrow a bike for your first race as this will be the most expensive piece of equipment.





If you need both shorts and a jersey consider a tri-suit. It will save you some time in T1 if you don't have to put on a jersey. Also if you swim in a one piece suit you can wear your heart rate monitor and it won't come off in the water.





If you know what you want for specific items watch e-bay for items.





Shoes are worth the investment but go to a running specific store and get a good fitting. Make sure your helmet is certified and will be permitted in the race. Wear it when you train on the road. It is the one thing that could save your life
Reply:You can buy Triathlon gear for cheap at


http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8%26amp;...


Good luck!



maintenance repairs

1 comment:

  1. So workouts are not the holy grail. Any triathlon coach on the face of the planet can deliver you effective workouts in a timely fashion.

    triathlon coaching

    ReplyDelete