Friday, July 31, 2009

Shin splints?

What are shin splints exactly and how do you get rid off them. I think i have them. I have the right shoes (asic sneakers new) And the insides of my legs hurt. I have a race tomorow.

Shin splints?
I used to run a little just for exercise back when I was in college, and I got them once. It's a very very sharp pain in your shins along with stiffening of the muscles in the shins caused by over-exertion. What caused mine was the fact that I wasn't wearing the right shoes for running and that I was running on concrete. There is no quick way to get rid of it as far as I know. Mine were so bad I could barely walk and it took me 2 weeks to completely heal. All I can say is stay off of your feet as much as possible, get massages and apply cold for the pain and then apply heat to loosen the muscles.





I also found some info that might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_splint...



dancing quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment